Friday, February 24, 2012

21 weeks!

                                 

On one hand I can't believe that I am already more than half way done with this pregnancy thing, but on the other hand it still feels like forever until I get to hold this sweet baby boy in my arms! This picture was taken by my little buddy Camden when I was 21 weeks, but now I am almost 23 weeks and it just keeps getting bigger so I will have to update new pics later:) So far things are going great with the pregnancy, mom and baby are healthy and doing well. I am trying to make the most out of this 2nd trimester seeing as how the first one was not exactly a walk in the park, and I am sure as the third approaches I will be turning into a whale and needing help with moving around haha, good thing it is almost flip flop season! So for right now I am enjoying the fact that I feel good! Plus it is so fun that I get to feel this little guy moving around inside of me all day long. I love that feeling, and it has been almost 5 years since I felt it last! Lets just say that I am a little worried that I am going to have a very active little boy on my hands once he gets here. I have to back up a bit though because I know it has been forever since I posted last. So I was convinced (along with my mom and my mother in law) that this was a little girl inside me, I even had Devin convinced. So when the big day finally came for us to have our 20 week ultra sound we were surprised to see little boy parts:) It was so cute though watching Devin's reaction to seeing his baby on the screen. He was smiling so big the whole time and was so into every detail of this little baby. I will post the pics but let me just tell you he has got the cutest little profile I have ever seen! So we both came out of there so happy to hear that he is healthy and also so surprised that we are having a little BOY! I have had to totally change my train of thought though, I honestly didn't care one way or the other, I just felt so strongly that it was a girl so I had already starting picking out cute little bows, and leg warmers, and dresses, and bedding, we even had a girl's name picked out. So now I have to change gears and get back to the cute little stud muffin boy stuff. Hardest part for me is not having a name for this little guy! We have a handful that we like and I guess we will just wait to meet him then pick a name that fits. So for right now he is our little Chief! Mariah was kinda sad that it wasn't a girl but she is still so excited to have a baby in the house. I am excited to have her help too, I have started babysitting this little baby boy once a week and she was so much help, she fed him a bottle and rocked him to sleep while I cooked dinner, it made me relax a little bit about having 3 kids. She is the best big sister! She had Camden convinced that he wanted another sister too, so it took him a minute to be excited that it is boy. But the day after we found out I was getting him dressed and he said, "Mom, I am soooo excited to have a brother!" so cute, he just needed some time to think for himself about it.

Ok enough about baby stuff, I haven't even posted about all of the holidays. Christmas was pretty good, it was the first year that the kids were with their dad from Christmas eve to Christmas morning, so that was really hard on me, but we got them back at noon and had the rest of the day with them. It was a good day, they got spoiled but the gift that has been the favorite is the gerbils we got them:) they love to get them out and hold them and play with them.
Next was new years, we just had a fun night in with the kids. We let them stay up until midnight (we had to wake Cam up) and we banged pots and pans, we watched movies and played uno and ate treats. It was really cool though to think about all that is going to happen this year. We listed all of the big events that will take place and I can't believe it, in April Camden will turn 5 and Devin and I will go to the temple to be sealed to each other (yay! I think this will be the only day that will ever top our wedding day) and Devin may be starting a new job, in June Chief will join our family, in July Mariah will turn 8 and be baptized, and in August Devin will potentially be starting law school and may require a big move, Mariah will go into 3rd grade, and Camden will start Kindergarten!!!! Those all seem like huge events to be happening in the same year!
And lastly we just had Valentines Day, nothing big here but I do have a cutie hubby, he got me the prettiest Pearl ring (pearl is the June birthstone!), and I got him some basketball shorts. We just stayed home with the kids got Cafe Rio and watched ghost busters with them. The kids loved that movie, it makes me laugh because now added to all of Camden's super hero play is some ghost bustin  as well.












No comments:

Post a Comment