Sunday, September 16, 2012


Arizona

    Well I guess its time to get back on the blogging now that we are away from all of our family and friends so you all can see what life is bringing for us here in AZ! I guess I need to start off with our little Dax man! I just realized that my last blog was half way through my pregnancy... sorry.
    Daxton Joseph Bateman was born on June 13th 2012 at 1:30 am weighing in at 8lbs 5oz and 20 inches. He is such a joy to have in our family. He is now 3 months old and 15lbs and 25 inches! He is starting to smile and laugh a lot now. Devin and I love making him laugh. He is a good baby but doesn't like to be put down so Mom doesn't get everything done everyday that she had planned, but that's ok because those things can wait and he is growing up too fast. He is a spitting image of his father, he will make these little faces that look just like Devin and it makes me smile.

 Ok, who can resist taking pictures of a baby just out of the tub? I just want to kiss those cheeks all day long.

 After the older kiddos go to bed we just hang out with our little guy until he falls asleep. (don't mind the no make up) We are currently working on getting him to sleep in his own bed. It is going ok, but he is just too cute and mom is a softie so it is still a work in progress.
 Let me tell you, this guy is the best daddy ever!! I thought I was lucky to have him as my husband, now I think Dax is so lucky to have him as his Daddy. I love him!




We were lucky and got to have Grandma and Grandpa come visit for a few days and we went to the children's museum. It was fun. The kids love having grandma and grandpa around.

The grocery shop was their favorite part of the museum.








Camden was being my model for me to play around with new camera! Isn't he just a little stud? Love him! He has started full day Kindergarten and his teacher is so impressed at how smart he is. So he is doing great in school. He makes me laugh because he is so excited to go to school that when I get up at 6:30 to go wake the kids up for school he is usually already awake and coloring or something. He just started soccer again and is so excited. I on the other hand am not so excited because I was nominated as coach... we'll see how this goes. We had our first practice and 4 out of 8 showed up. So... hopefully we will have a team.

Miss Mariah! She is growing into a sweet young lady. I can't believe she is 8 and in 3rd grade. She is a great big sister and loves to help out with Dax. Any time he need some attention she is right there. Although he is getting a little too heavy for her to carry around now. She is making lots of new friends and really enjoys school. We are working hard on Math, telling time, and reading. It is fun to see her getting better each day.






She just started swim team and she loves it. Her coach told me that she is such a joy to have on the team and that she works hard and and asks lots of questions. I love watching her. I didn't know that it would be so fun as a parent to watch your child work hard at something they enjoy but I love that she loves it.








I think the only thing that I haven't talked about yet is law school. Devin says that school is going good, so thats good. I actually see him more than I thought I would. It is basically like a full time job. He leaves when the kids go to school and is home for dinner every night, and spends the evening with us. So far life has been good here in AZ. It is starting to cool down a bit so that is nice. We are making new friends and really like our ward. I am missing home but hopefully this will be home soon. We love and miss you all, and hopefully it won't be 7 months before I do the next update!

1 comment: