Thursday, May 26, 2011

FINISHED!!!

Here it is! It was a big job and I am so glad to be done with it. It is hard having such a big project and being a beginner because things are bound to go wrong, and so I look at it finished and see all of the flaws. Oh well, I actually do love it tho and I cant wait to get it into our new home and get settled! So the lessons I learned this time is 1) just because you watch a 2 min tutorial on glazing, doesn't mean it is as easy as they make it look. I think my glaze was thicker than theirs and mine dried super fast and the gloss of the paint made it hard to do. So basically the glaze was a nightmare for me! and 2) NEVER assume your 4 yr old is in his room playing when there are lots of "fun" spray paints and furniture outside... yep Camden went out and decided to add his own artistic touch to my dresser... so I had to sand it down and repaint it. Ugh he is seriously lucky he is cute! And there is nothing cuter than when the next day they really feel sorry for doing it and come and give you a sincere apology! Love my kids! By thi time I was done with this I looked like a smurf! I had blue feet, the blonde highlights in my hair were blue, my face had blue freckles, the inside of my nose was even blue... gross! Well now I am off to begin the packing process, yippee!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome although I would have liked to see the picture of you haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I spray painted my desk the same color and love it. Such a rich color.
    Did you apply any kind of protective finish to it? It's an extra step that will reduce the likelihood of chips and scratches.

    ReplyDelete