Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Projects

Can you guess what color my big project was today? I have so many projects that I want to get done before we move. The biggest is this dresser that we will be using as our entertainment center. I am painting it navy blue and I am loving it! but dont worry I am still a red rocks ute fan;) This is a pretty big project, and I am surprised at how much I got done today, and I am learning alot as I go. I am pretty tired now tho, through multiple Home Depot trips, paint color changes, "oopsies" and 2 kids.
Here is what I learned today, first off dont let your husband pick the color for a big piece that will be in your house, he will pick the color of car that he wants haha. Ok I cant dog on him because I gave him the ok, the porblem was that the blue that he chose looked like it belonged in the play room and not the living room, so back to Home Depot to get the darker navy blue. Next when you buy glaze, you need to have them mix it with a color, or you have to mix it with a color... and once I figured that out I learned that if you just start adding dark brown paint to a can of glaze it turns pink and over flows... back to Home Depot for them to mix it for me! And last but not least is the lesson that seems to be a common thread in my life, be patient!!! Multiple layers of wet spray paint make a mess, and it is a bigger job to have to scrape and sand all of those layers off to start all over than if I would have just been patient in the first place and let it dry!  In the end I am just hoping that is looks good enough to have in my house, if not I will just have to sick my better half on it. I am sure he would do a better job with this hehe.

Here is the big dresser that is being painted navy blue. So far I got all of the drawers and the door painted, I will post a pic when I am all done!

I also picked up this night stand at the DI for $8 and thought it would look really cool painted.

And here it is finished, it is hard to tell but it is grey and the knob is black. What do you think? I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Carli that night stand turned out GREAT. I love buying things from DI and making them pretty. It turned out beautiful, and I'm excited to see the finished product of the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your night stand! Great job. Can't wait to see the new entertainment stand.

    ReplyDelete