Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Honeymoon

We had so much fun on our honeymoon. We went on a Caribean cruise and got to do so many neat things! We have only been home for 2 weeks and I am already wanting to go on another vacation. Our first stop was Cayman, we went to a place called the Turtle Farm. I fell in love with sea turtles there! We got to hold lots of them and we got to snorkel with them. The little babies were my favorite. I am holding one of the babies in this picture.


Our next stop was Roatan Honduras. We went on the zip line which was definately my cup of tea! Only problem was how fast it was over, you bet I was full speed ahead! Then after the zip line we went to a place called Gumbalimba park, which advertises like you will see monkeys and birds throughout the park as you walk through it, so we are thinking that it will be really cool to see them in their natural habitat... well they had 3 monkeys on leashes and a parrot to put on you for a pic and that was all, wah wah wah. But it was still fun.
Next was Belize! I was so excited for Belize, but we didn't get much time there. I would love to go back and be able to see more of it. It was so humbling to see the way that the people lived there. In Belize when you turn 18 the government gives you a piece of land for free and you have 5 years to start building something on it. They dont get loans for their homes they just build what they can afford and it usually takes them about 10 years to finish it. I honestly think we should all live more like that.
The excursion we did here was cave tubing! I dont know if we have any pictures from that because we brought our disposable water proof camera and we haven't developed that yet. But it was pretty cool, we had to hike for about 30 mins up to where we were going to start tubing, it wasn't too bad of a hike but it was hot and you were carrying your tube. We had helmet on that had a light on top of them so when we were in the caves we could see things. We got to go through 2 caves and it was really cool to see the different formations inside of them.

While we were on the ship there wasn't a whole lot to do, but we did have 2 formal nights that were really fun, and they had a few comedians that were really funny. It was fun to just be the 2 of us though and not have to worry about kiddos for a little bit.

Our last stop was Cozumel! We went off on our own and did a city tour. We got to see alot of beautiful beaches, did some mexican shop shopping, and saw some Mayan ruins. It was alot of fun, this was Devin's favorite stop. The picture on the very top was one of the beaches here in Cozumel.


We had an awesome time on the cruise but our trip wasn't over yet! We got to spend a couple days in Florida with Devin's brother Mike, his wife Breeann, and their 2 1/2 kids Sophie,  MJ, and soon to be baby Damon! I loved getting to know them. Breeann is a sweetheart, and a talker just like me haha. Anyone who knows me know that I can talk and talk, so it was perfect! And I am so excited that I get to be Sophie, MJ, and baby Damon's aunt! They are such cute kids. It was fun to get to be an aunt and just play with them and not have to dicipline them hehe. I wish they lived closer so we could all play together!

But needless to say after all of this fun I was ready to get home to my babies!! I missed them so much! It was like christmas morning when we got home. It has been so nice having our little family together! I thank God everynight for the blessing of my husband and my kiddos in my life!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have a different outfit on in all the pictures and your hubby is wearing the same thing. Love it. You're so cute.

    ReplyDelete